28 January 2012

Bye bye plague.

Okay so maybe we really didn't have the plague, but it sure did feel that way. We are now in the dead of winter in Wisconsin, and I had grand hopes to have updated the blog by now with pics and stories of our winter travels to California. Alas, I was too busy blowing my nose at this never ending cold, and tag teaming with dear husband while we took care of our very sick girl. Veda has only recently recovered from what we *think* may have been a doozy of a hand, foot, mouth disease... or at least some other virally contracted super uber bad body juju. Eleven days of illness, eight days out of daycare and as many "omg do I have any sick days left?" exasperations, our girl is finally on the mend minus a very noticeable 10% of her body weight. Veda finds herself currently making up for this loss by eating a goat's weight of organic chicken nuggets (quite literally, an entire box a day) and pints of coconut yogurt. This is one of those times when I find it useful to let go of whatever preconceived ideas I had about what my child will and won't eat and just sit back enjoying the fact that she is no longer despondent and sedate, no longer vomiting, no longer has a mouth full of ulcers, no longer sick. And with that, I will send myself off to work on updating the blog with those sunny California pics and will leave you with this video capturing the rare California Veda Bird.







1 comment:

Josie said...

Oh, my goodness, Shae! So sorry to hear how sick you guys were! The little Veda bird is adorable :)